YOU ARE WORTHY!
CONGRATULATIONS TO TWO WEEK’S NOTICE WITH THEIR RESIGNATION IPA AND TO DRUNKEN RABBIT WITH THEIR HOP HOP IPA.
This year we had something happen that we certainly didn’t plan for. The voting for the Worthy Brewer of 2016 came down to an exact tie for first place. Our contingency plan was to have John Geraci, head brewer at Amherst Brewing make the final decision to determine the winner. The problem is that both breweries were 100% sold out of beer. In fairness to both, it was decided to have both winning breweries work with John at Amherst and come up with a collaboration beer! Next year we will have all homebrewers bottle off one 12oz bottle, should this situation arise again.
Both beers, and breweries were spectacular. Can’t wait to see how this collaboration will come out. Side note….keep your eyes open for Two Week’s Notice…..they will be opening a brewery in Westfield MA!!!
fb.com/twoweeksnoticebrewco | fb.com/1drunkenrabbit
Would you like to participate in
The Worthy Homebrew Competition?
How this will work:
- During the hours of noon-2pm, Homebrewers will pour samples of their craft.
- Contestants must bring a minimum of 5 gallons to participate, although there is no limit to the amount any homebrewer can bring. (10 gallons has become the norm)
- Only 1 beer is allowed per Homebrewer for the competition.
- 2 tokens will be given to everyone who purchases a ticket and you should receive them when you receive your sample glass.
- Attendees can drop 1 or both of their tokens into a Homebrewer’s collection bucket.
- Tokens must be deposited by 2pm to be tallyd, We hope to keep the contest fair for all by limiting the “contest portion” to 2 hours. (5 gallon batch peeps who might run out of beer and 10 gallon batch peeps who will not likely run out of beer).
- At 2pm we’ll tally each Homebrewer’s tokens and contestant with the most tokens will be deemed WORTHY!
- The winner will be announced upstairs at Smith’s Billiards at 4:30pm.
- In the event of a tie, John Geraci, Brewer at Amherst Brewing Company, will have a blind taste off to select the winner.
- The Homebrew champion will collaborate with John at Amherst Brewing Company and brew using ABC’s brewing system.
- The winning beer will be considered the new “Official Festival Beer” and will be served at next year’s Worthy Brewfest.
We’re looking forward to trying these unique Homebrew’s at The Worthy and trust that all of you are as well! If you’re interested in participating, please sign-up below:
ARE YOU WORTHY?
Those selected to participate in our Homebrewer competition will receive 2 complimentary tickets to the event. Additional tickets must be purchased.